MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

class change cooldowns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dionnsai

class change cooldowns  Empty
PostSubject: class change cooldowns    class change cooldowns  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Just some thoughts on the class system.

Class Change Cooldowns
As some of us remember, kirvin made very heavy, and possibly abusive use of the ability to change classes, utilizing macros he was able to switch classes mid-combat (or nearly) and make somewhat effective use of multiple class skills within the same fight. I don't see how this could be anyone's intention, and I think this would be handled for the most part by adding a cooldown.

Personally I'd suggest adding a 1 minecraft day cooldown for class changes. This still leaves it useable every 20 minutes (?) but makes it impossible for someone to quickly hop between classes in an abusive way.

-dionnsai
Back to top Go down
Cyrus19

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Knight

PostSubject: Re: class change cooldowns    class change cooldowns  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:23 pm

That's a good idea that I would like to see implemented.
Back to top Go down
Nightroado

PostSubject: Re: class change cooldowns    class change cooldowns  EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:31 pm

I actually disagree with this. I wanna be able to swap classes for different abilities. For example I might wanna switch to priest to heal, hunter to track or safefall, or mercenary to pvp, or telekinetic to tether and teleport someone (willingly) to a location, or architect to use diamond pickaxe. Not in mid-combat, of course, but when running around I find myself in situations that require different things.

The number of people who can do this on the server is but a few because of the sheer amount of grinding required to gain the levels. Kirvin did abuse the system with macros to switch classes, sure, but he has a mana bar like everyone else. Even if he used something like replenish, he has to wait 30 seconds before he can use it again.

I say make mid-combat class changing illegal. People can screenshot chat on the abilities they use and post here to request a ban. I just don't want all of my hard work grinding to be belittled because of someone else and I think that is fair to ask.
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: class change cooldowns    class change cooldowns  EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Nightroado wrote:
I actually disagree with this. I wanna be able to swap classes for different abilities. For example I might wanna switch to priest to heal, hunter to track or safefall, or mercenary to pvp, or telekinetic to tether and teleport someone (willingly) to a location, or architect to use diamond pickaxe. Not in mid-combat, of course, but when running around I find myself in situations that require different things.

The number of people who can do this on the server is but a few because of the sheer amount of grinding required to gain the levels. Kirvin did abuse the system with macros to switch classes, sure, but he has a mana bar like everyone else. Even if he used something like replenish, he has to wait 30 seconds before he can use it again.

I say make mid-combat class changing illegal. People can screenshot chat on the abilities they use and post here to request a ban. I just don't want all of my hard work grinding to be belittled because of someone else and I think that is fair to ask.

some good points here...

Ok so what about, if you make an aggressive move, you hit or damage another player, a timer starts ticking on your class change, 2-3 minutes until you can change again.

I'd like to see the same done with recall if possible. Recalling out of combat is kinda poo, especially if its the one who started the fight doing the recall.

Still, the whole class change thing kinda negates the point of having classes in an rpg setting.
Back to top Go down
Nightroado

PostSubject: Re: class change cooldowns    class change cooldowns  EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:15 am

That would work. Not sure if heroes can do that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: class change cooldowns    class change cooldowns  Empty

Back to top Go down

class change cooldowns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MineScape RPG :: GamePlay :: Suggestions-
Jump to: