MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The end of the war with Gwynedd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Paladin

The end of the war with Gwynedd Empty
PostSubject: The end of the war with Gwynedd   The end of the war with Gwynedd EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 am

The Great Purge. A 5 year war with a server super power. It left an entire nation in turmoil. Their towns and castles abandoned. I, Kaiser Zessus von Das Königreich von Brukreich, am officially declaring an end to the Brukweyrian-Gwynedd war (The Great Purge). I think it's fair to say what the outcome of the war was and who won. The Brukweyrians got what they wanted. If Nightroado comes back we will re-engage the war, but for now we are backing off all our hostilities and will focus on finishing our great cities.

-Kaiser Zessus von Das Königreich von Brukreich
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: The end of the war with Gwynedd   The end of the war with Gwynedd EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

I thought about this post for awhile before I responded. I don't want this to be a flame of any sort, but I think as the leader of what's left of Gwynedd, it behooves me to at least provide some sort of a response. I'll do this by way of providing a history of the war from my point of view:

Prior to the war, the two nations of TBE had been consolidating a very substantial power base. It was becoming rapidly clear that the Empire would soon be the only power of note in the lands, and none would be left to stand against them. Before his departure, the Late King Cyrus approached Caernarvon and offered the reins of the empire as his desire was to leave the empire in capable hands. After much deliberation we decided that this would leave the world without any combatants to fight, and so it was suggested that Zessus or one of the other current members should assume the throne.

Life went on, Caernarvon flourished rapidly and began to made plans to branch out and form a nation. Then perhaps, a critical mistake was made. Gwynedd was formed and laid claim to the continent on which the City of Caernarvon rests, placing their southern landborder near to the city of Totenheim, perhaps uncomfortably so. Rather than form a nation like tbe which held disjointed land scattered all across the server, Caernarvon wished to build a nation with contiguous landclaims in one small area. Whether it was the formation of the nation (which finally gave tbe someone to fight) or the proximity of the southern border which started the war, I don't know, though I suspect it was the latter.

Let the record state that the first assaults were staged against Caernarvon by members of TBE (not counting the smaller and more noobish assaults on the part of Tutorialbike and a few of his cronies). Many light-hearted and enjoyable battles were held at both Caernarvon and Totenheim and I think I speak for everyone involved when I say that the battles were glorious and good natured and everyone had a ball.

Then it got dirty. I suspect, not satisfied with running around killing one another, the members of TBE began planning and staging more devious assaults, breaking into Caernarvon with the use of a flying carpet (which was poo-poo'd by cav) and using moles to break into areas where they would not normally be able to gain access (also decired as "low" in a certain post by the same Cav). Even then Caernarvon did not in any way return the favor, I think those that were present at the time will recall that I refused to engage in said tactics and favored leaving the town open for fighting and attempting to engage in combat in at least what I believed was an honorable fashion. Unfortunately, this is also when folks began to break away, to this day I'm not sure why certain people decided to defect, but I'm sure it played a part.

At this point, one of our more capable combatants, Nightroado approached me and announced that he intended to retaliate and asked if I would like him to leave the nation before doing so. I'm not one to back down, and I certainly couldn't afford to lose any more players at the time, so I figured a little quid-pro-quo was justified and gave him my blessing. Nightroado began engaging in heavy retaliation against TBE, doing quite a lot of damage (which to this day I still believe was no more than fair retaliation in a war we truly did not start), and in one case provoked the great Enfourvie so strongly that he went mad with rage and in the end had to have his wings clipped.

I will again reiterate at this point, that throughout the course of the war, Gwynedd never responded in such an overbearing way to any of the similar rage enducing actions performed by TBE against us, however it has to be said that none of us ever sought added power as help or builder and so, never had such powers to abuse. Perhaps if the shoe were on the other foot and we had such lofty ideas in our heads, we would have been more vicious in exacting vengeance.

Nevertheless, the war took a turn for the worse. Nightroado chanced upon a cache of building materials stored underground in an unprotected area. In a midnight (or later raid) an absolutely massive quantity of materials was stolen away and hidden. Yet again, a mole who had been left behind was used to break in and retrieve the stolen goods, doing some fresh damage to the teleporter network and leaving a few carefully hidden waypoints which were later discovered (there are of course suspiscions that not just the mole was utilized, but perhaps some higher powers were used in the location of said cache, although perhaps it wasn't that difficult to find really).

And this is when Nightroado left. Not because he was harried in combat and successfully defeated time and again. Not because his moves were checked at every turn. No, he would have revelled in the fighting. He left because, at every turn in the fighting, we were subjected to low and dirty tactics of every kind, and when he returned in kind, it was treated as if somehow he had gone far beyond anything that had been done to us.

Gwynedd was defeated, it's fighters gone. This of course marked the true end of the war. Everything else is nothing more than a drop in the bucket. No successful raids were held, perhaps a few new tier1/2 players just starting out were killed, and in two cases were lured away by members of the empire.

The fun at the start of the war is but a distant memory, instead clouded heavily by bitter combat, dirty tactics and a certain bull who had to be neutered very publicly. I think at the end of this, any honest person would have to say that this is not at all the way it should have gone.

We could have had fun.

-Dionnsai

Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: The end of the war with Gwynedd   The end of the war with Gwynedd EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 pm

That felt like reading a book lol. I'll post our side of it when I get home. But as I bargained with you before and even offered before that ALL you needed to do was let us fine nightroado or get his fine paid somehow. I believe he stole from us before that because during the early encounters "after we destroyed the teleporters to our towns) a lot of our stuff went missing and broken. We just didn't publicly make a big deal out of it. My clan is from a long line of hardcore pvp servers where it's either you fight dirty or get kicked in the nuts and quit the server. I'm sorry it had to come to your entire nation suffering butlike I said I offered an end to it just by letting us have justice with nightroado. I think you're a cool person and I respect your noble fighting. But I'm not sure where it started flaming at. Our side says it's nightroado. Your side says it's us. Obviously both sides will blame the other so we'll never know. Obviously I look like the bad guy being an emperor and main speaker (meaning I handle all the war stuff and posting publicly). I assure you I'm not mean or an ass hole or a super troll. I just did what the Empire expected from me after the flaming happened. Also I DID NOT NOR DID THE EMPIRE AUTHORIZE ANY MOLES. I say that in caps because I want everyone to know that was not part of our plan nor did I know or any other nobles know when those mole attacks would happen. That was a group of rogue attacks from people on their own. It's obvious that we won but I come back to saying I offered many times an end and gave a chance for surrender and we were ready to back off and/or possibly take you into the empire and help rebuild. 1.0 will be out soon which means the empire will have to deal with many old players that haven't been around since TTL's fall or the empire's rise and will be angry at me that I took command of the crown and created such a thing. I do think it's fair to say (not bashing Cyrus he's my friend and he's cool) that I got farther having control of the nation than most people would have.
Back to top Go down
vengypr0

vengypr0

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: archer

PostSubject: Re: The end of the war with Gwynedd   The end of the war with Gwynedd EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:04 am

REJOICE I CAN BUILD IN PEACE..For now!

id love to get some info off you when i hope back on dion ~vengy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of the war with Gwynedd   The end of the war with Gwynedd Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of the war with Gwynedd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MineScape RPG :: GamePlay :: Cities/Towns-
Jump to: