MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Races/Professions

Go down 
+6
Zessus
mightylcanis
Enfourvie
klimno
Xetian
CavGunner
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Dervish

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Right!
First choice to make:
Races OR Professions!

DETAILS:
Races: Depending on your race (Orc, Nord, Human, and Elf) you'll get a specific skin in Spout showing your race (Or maybe something else...I haven't fully decided...), and you'll be able to craft certain items as follows:
--Human: Tools (Spades/Ho's/Pick's) (HIGHER LEVEL ITEMS)
--Elf: Bows/Arrows
--Orc: Swords/Weapons (HIGHER LEVEL ITEMS)
--Dwarf: Armour
This means that your race can only craft HIGHER LEVEL ITEMS. Everyone can craft Wood and Stone of every item.
Each race would also get other bonuses over the other as you level up your "Race". Eg; Orcs can carry more, or something. I haven't figure it out.
It should be possible for me to have different ranks of Races, as well. (Eg; Orc ranks up to Cheftain, or something).
This would be a one-time choice, and switching would be difficult...but possible.
Each new player would start in the "Character Creation Room" where they'd be able to choose a few things depending on what they want their character to be like. All existing players would have access to a portal to do it as well.
Depending on your Race, you would then spawn in a small village and be able to do a few small starting quests and experience a few cutscenes to explain the server before being moved to Bale (For undecided reasons), where you would have the standard quests.

Professions: Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fletcher, Craftsman
Each can do as they are detailed (What I was talking about before), and you are able to switch...you would just lose all experience in whatever you switched from.
--Weaponsmith: Be able to craft swords/weapons higher than Wood/Stone.
--Armorsmith: Be able to craft armor.
--Fletcher: Be able to craft Bows/Arrows.
--Craftsman: Be able to craft tools better than Wood/Stone.

Let me know which you'd prefer.
I'm planning on doing the Races...but I'd like to know your opinions!
And note that I can only do ONE of these! I can't do both just yet! This doesn't mean that I WON'T be doing both (I will when I can), but for now...only one!

Last edited by CavGunner on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://minescape.forumotion.com
Xetian

Xetian

MineScape Character
Class: Mercenary

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:13 pm

If you go the races route, they should be classed by weapon, not by tools. Every race needs to be able to make decent picks (unless you intend to use this to force a crafting economy but everyone *can* use everything?) You could have humans use blades, orcs use axes, nords use greatswords, and elves use small blades and bows. Alternatively, you could prevent weapon restriction by race, but cause race choice to give a weapon ability.

I'm not aware of you speaking much about Profession classes though. Was this from TS last night? Could you elaborate on the differences between the options a little more?

Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I'll update the post more clearly about how I'm envisioning the server in the future in about an hour ^.^
Back to top Go down
klimno

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Umm... could you add a race for magic?

Last edited by klimno on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enfourvie

Enfourvie

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Change nord to dwarf and i'll be happy. (dwarf makes more sense seeing as we have a dwarven city).

OH OH and you could have the different races spawn in different server cities!

EDIT: and I'd rather not have a forced skin. Also, it would be better to have professions, and have races do something along the lines of what they do in the elderscrolls series
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 pm

klimno wrote:
Umm... could you add a race for magic?

I wouldn't know how to have a class include benefits for magic, unfortunately.
(I just thought of one...I'll think about it).

Enfourvie wrote:
Change nord to dwarf and i'll be happy. (dwarf makes more sense seeing as we have a dwarven city).

OH OH and you could have the different races spawn in different server cities!

EDIT: and I'd rather not have a forced skin. Also, it would be better to have professions, and have races do something along the lines of what they do in the elderscrolls series

I was actually editing it while you posted this...
I had changed Nord to Dwarf and had written down the city idea Razz
Back to top Go down
Enfourvie

Enfourvie

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Great minds think alike eh?
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Enfourvie wrote:
Great minds think alike eh?

Heh. Sure.
Realistically, great minds DON'T think alike Razz
Simple minds think alike because there's less for them to think about.
Cheers for that ^.^

People don't seem to be commenting much on this idea.
I'll be interpreting that as "We don't care!", so I'll be implementing whatever I think is better.
Back to top Go down
mightylcanis

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: Thief

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:47 pm

I'd prefer Races. :3

Edit: Without forced skins, if you're going to implement skins for races, make it a choice.
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Class: Paladin

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 pm

I don't like the races idea using them as a determine of what you can craft. I wanted races as they get bonuses to certain things like humans can do more damage with a sword or elves can do more with a bow and dwarves get more armor and orcs have a little of more armor and a little of more weapons damage for swords but not as high as the humans or dwarves. Do that and do the professions. I REALLY don't like this whole forcing stuff on people. 70% of people HATE IT when they can't use their own skin or texture pack. Bottom line is forcing stuff is a popularity killer. It sounds nice but all it does is make people mad. But yeah the races thing is stupid. I'd like ot be able to craft armor but I want to be a human. With that im FORCED to be a dwarf to be able to craft the armor that I want to craft.
Back to top Go down
Atun

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 pm

I really don't like either. Both has negitive effects as not being about to craft stuff.
If you do add these ideas, make them BONUSES.

Like...
Elves get +1 Damage with Bows and Magic.
Dwarves get + Damage blocked to all attacks.

Stuff like that. Cause I really don't like the though of not being able to craft stuff.
Back to top Go down
Atun

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Zessus wrote:
I don't like the races idea using them as a determine of what you can craft. I wanted races as they get bonuses to certain things like humans can do more damage with a sword or elves can do more with a bow and dwarves get more armor and orcs have a little of more armor and a little of more weapons damage for swords but not as high as the humans or dwarves. Do that and do the professions. I REALLY don't like this whole forcing stuff on people. 70% of people HATE IT when they can't use their own skin or texture pack. Bottom line is forcing stuff is a popularity killer. It sounds nice but all it does is make people mad. But yeah the races thing is stupid. I'd like ot be able to craft armor but I want to be a human. With that im FORCED to be a dwarf to be able to craft the armor that I want to craft.
Yeah like this, I hate not being able to do things, craft things or stuff.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:10 pm

mightylcanis wrote:
I'd prefer Races. :3

Edit: Without forced skins, if you're going to implement skins for races, make it a choice.

Zessus wrote:

Races are winning so far.
I probably won't force skins, though. Very few people like that idea.

@Zessus:
Right now, it's one or the other. Races were meant to be implemented when the server first came up, so they WILL happen regardless.
Each Race will have a bonus, but realistically the plan was to have it so that certain races can do certain things.
If you want to be a Human, you can...but nothing's stopping you from buying armour from a Dwarf.
We will be forcing a crafting limiter somehow, whether it's through Professions or Races, and Races allow us to do much more specifically.
The main idea is to heal the economy and have it so one person can't do everything. Look at Articuno. Right now, he can switch to and do pretty much anything he wants. We have to limit that somehow. We don't want controlling players, because then new players feel useless.
Back to top Go down
Xetian

Xetian

MineScape Character
Class: Mercenary

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Atun wrote:
I really don't like either. Both has negitive effects as not being about to craft stuff.

Like...

Stuff like that. Cause I really don't like the though of not being able to craft stuff.

Basically what I meant before. Instead of specializing by removing features, do it by adding them. They don't have to be boring static things, but please don't pigenhole us into being gathers or fighters. Will you be in TS later Cav?

EDIT: You posted while I was typing. If you intend to let us use things but not craft them, you'll need a different plot for race segregation, as you can't go to war with all the dwarves and watch them crush your pansy bodies with no armor!
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Xetian wrote:
Atun wrote:

Like...

Basically what I meant before. Instead of specializing by removing features, do it by adding them. They don't have to be boring static things, but please don't pigenhole us into being gathers or fighters. Will you be in TS later Cav?

Again, this isn't a form of pigeonholing.
Myself and the DT have been constantly adding things, and each class gives you bonuses as it is.
Now, we need something to restrict people in some way to allow a combination.

Eg;
CURRENTLY; I can be a player in one of the 31 classes!
PLANNED: I can be one of 4 races, and any one of the 31 classes!

The planned version multiplies customization by 4, expanding the server's flexibility.
Having everyone be able to do everything completely destroys what the server represents.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:14 pm

CLARIFICATION:

USE of items will still be restricted by CLASSES ONLY!
CREATION of items will be restricted by Races, in this case!

MIXING RACES in a town or Guild is allowed! It's completely up to the players!
Nothing is stopping you from buying armour or weapons or tools form another Race!
Back to top Go down
jerrycoe

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm

I choose races Very Happy

Imma be an elf, but I hope I can do/craft more than just arrows and bows... I'm a hunter, I have plenty of those and they're useless for me to sell as no one else wants them :O
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:20 pm

jerrycoe wrote:
I choose races Very Happy

Imma be an elf, but I hope I can do/craft more than just arrows and bows... I'm a hunter, I have plenty of those and they're useless for me to sell as no one else wants them :O

I'll be adding more shops to sell weapons and armour as more server cities get built.
Underbay is done. It will be buying weapons and armour.
Back to top Go down
Atun

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm

CavGunner wrote:
Xetian wrote:
Atun wrote:

Like...

Again, this isn't a form of pigeonholing.
Myself and the DT have been constantly adding things, and each class gives you bonuses as it is.
Now, we need something to restrict people in some way to allow a combination.

Eg;
CURRENTLY; I can be a player in one of the 31 classes!
PLANNED: I can be one of 4 races, and any one of the 31 classes!

The planned version multiplies customization by 4, expanding the server's flexibility.
Having everyone be able to do everything completely destroys what the server represents.
I feel like your trying to FORCE us into being Fighters, or Gatherers. What if I want to be both? Nope! You can't make this armor or, Nope! You can't make this tool.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

I'm not forcing anyone into anything.
People need to be able to BUY things occasionally.
You guys destroyed the economy, and myself and the DT are trying to recover it.
Back to top Go down
Enfourvie

Enfourvie

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am

Either way, definitely dont make races the crafting limiter. Professions should be the crafting limiter, not races.

No offence, but it makes no sense.

Races give special bonuses, Professions limit crafting.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 am

I would think that Races limit the crafting, and Professions give bonuses to certain crafting skills.
Realistically, it should be that:

"I'm an Elf Weaponsmith. I know how to create bows and augment them! I don't like my job, so I'm switching to an Armorsmith! I can still make bows, but now I can improve armour for my friend _____!"

Not:

"I'm an Elf Weaponsmith! I can create swords and other weapons! I don't like my job, so I'm switching to an Armorsmith! I completely forgot how to make swords now, even though I've been doing it for a long time! All I can make is armor!"

See the problem?
Back to top Go down
Enfourvie

Enfourvie

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 am

Thats the same as I'm an elf! I can make bows from birth, and can never learn how to make anything else!

And if you were going to go by that then, I'm a pyromancer, I can shoot fireballs, but I dont like my magic, so im switching to Ninja... now I've forgotten how to shoot fireballs.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 am

Classes and Races are different!

EVERYONE can still craft Wood and Stone items, regardless of Race, dammit!
(Why is everyone missing that?)
It's just that Dwarves and Orcs, for example, should be able to create better weapons and armour than the rest.
Back to top Go down
Enfourvie

Enfourvie

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:40 am

Should be better! But not limited to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Races/Professions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races/Professions   Races/Professions Empty

Back to top Go down

Races/Professions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next