MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sahath's bug list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

PostSubject: Sahath's bug list   Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I will be posting bugs I know of here to help keep track of them. Please only respond to this post with other bugs you would like to add to the list. I will be editing this list periodically with updates as they are developed or commented on by Cav.

Color codes:
Black - Resolved or a non-issue
Red - Unresolved, no course of action
Orange - Impending fix or work in progress
Cyan - Pending decision
Green - New item

General:
- Mob spawn in towns - This feature disables the use of certain skills(Skeleton, Spider, Multiply, etc.) in town while still taking the mana hit from the caster. It should not be a detriment to enable this as towns should be well lit anyway, disallowing the natural spawning of mobs.
- HBank: Fee is giving 5 Terra to your pocket every time you deposit. SS available.
- Towny unclaiming entire towns with no apparent common thread.

Ronin"
- Skill: Bladegrasp - Occasionally causing static invulnerability. Possibly tied to the Skill: Invuln bug.

Shaman:
- Skill: Port - Not working. Needs to have locations set server side.

Necromancer:
- The "Heroes: _x Multiplier" server wide announcement is caused by summoning skeletons and spiders. It tells how many were summoned(1-3) and should not be broadcast outside of the Necro's chat for spam reasons.
- Summoned mobs drop loot, Terra and xp. This may lead to farming.
- Skill: Spider - Spawned spiders are aggressive to the caster 2 out of every 3 attempts and seem to always spawn aggressive when summoned skeletons are active.

Deathknight:
- Skill: Invuln - Still occasionally(1 in 5 attempts yesterday by Zaven) causing static immunity.
- Skill: UnholyRitual - Uses "necromancer" in the description, termonology should be changed to "caster".

Farmer:
- Skill: Superheat - Does not give experience when mining.

Last edited by Sahath on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamegeared

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:36 pm

the ghast explosions and arrow fwips dont sound right either, maybe its just that i am used to (and like) the default sounds

I understand the issue with mobspawns, and while i dont think it will be a problem, there will always be that one dick that will leave his house dark and let mobs work thier way into town, somewhat unlikely but generally its not that hard to go outside of town and turn them on. Maybe it could be allowed that mayors can turn it on or off at will, but i dont think it should be forced on people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Bump and request sticky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CavGunner
Admin

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Dervish

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Okay, now that I've searched through everything, I'm going to try and respond to as many of these as I can, and THEN I'll sticky it ^.^

Sahath wrote:

General:
- Mob spawn in towns - This feature disables the use of certain skills(Skeleton, Spider, Multiply, etc.) in town while still taking the mana hit from the caster. It should not be a detriment to enable this as towns should be well lit anyway, disallowing the natural spawning of mobs.
- Forced sounds through Spoutcraft - Oil the hinges! The squeaky doors and chests are grinding on some people. Might host a contest for a sound file to use?
- Jail: Jailed players can recall out, tested and confirmed...
- Disintegrating structures: Anything built on an unclaimed plot seems to be unbuilding itself in short order. This may or may not be intentional, but it seems to be sporadic at best.
- HBank: Fee is giving 5 Terra to your pocket every time you deposit. SS available.

Mob Spawns: Probably won't happen, as of yet. I'm still thinking about it.
Sounds: Those are Minecraft's new sounds...not mine, mate :/
Jail: Shouldn't be able to...I'll go take a look.
Disintegrating Structures: Fixed ^.^
HBank: Should be fixed ^.^

Sahath wrote:

Shaman
- Skill: Port - Not working. Needs to have locations set server side.
- Skill: Teleport - Not working. Skill does not seem to be recognizing the current hero parties.
- Skill: GroupTeleport - Not working. Same as Teleport.

Port is just a matter of me adding locations, which I'm doing, I promise!
Teleport and Group Teleport are probably not working as a result of Hero Parties being glitched right now.

Sahath wrote:

Necromancer:
- The "Heroes: _x Multiplier" server wide announcement is caused by summoning skeletons and spiders. It tells how many were summoned(1-3) and should not be broadcast outside of the Necro's chat for spam reasons.
- Summoned mobs drop loot, Terra and xp. This may lead to farming.
- Skill: Spider - Spawned spiders are aggressive to the caster 2 out of every 3 attempts and seem to always spawn aggressive when summoned skeletons are active.

I can't seem to fix the "Heroes: _x Multiplier" message :/
Possibly, but I'm not too worried about it.
I think that adds a bout of realism. If you were a necromancer/summoner in real life (Or even in a book), there are always chances of failures, or not being able to control your minions.

Sahath wrote:

Deathknight:
- Skill: Invuln - Still occasionally(1 in 5 attempts yesterday by Zaven) causing static immunity.
- Skill: UnholyRitual - Uses "necromancer" in the description, termonology should be changed to "caster".

That immunity glitch is...really weird. I've yet to find a possible cause.
I'll fix that ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://minescape.forumotion.com
Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Outstanding, thanks for the sticky and response. Added color codes to track past issues, new items will remain green util responded to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Apparently several skills have stopped working. Most of the non working skills are tied to the targeting system. One exception found so far is ForcePush. Invuln is also bugging consistently at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CavGunner
Admin

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Sahath wrote:
Apparently several skills have stopped working. Most of the non working skills are tied to the targeting system. One exception found so far is ForcePush. Invuln is also bugging consistently at the moment.

I have no idea why skills would suddenly be degrading.
I've not done anything to edit them or touch them...
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:43 am

Sahath wrote:

General:

Be careful with this one "towns should be well lit" doesn't cover everything, you always have those dark little nooks and crannies and alleyways. Rooftops are another example of a place you don't normally light up. I can see both sides of this one, but it'll definitely change gameplay a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightroado

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:42 pm

I'd like to add that Bladegrasp sometimes causes static immunity. Relogging couldn't even fix it, I had to wait until the server restarted.
Also, as well known, but not listed here, Revive does not work.

I would like to say that a fail chance as high as 66% of the time for summoning mobs sounds retarded. No offense cav, but things like this need changed. If you can't limit fail chance to something reasonable, you need to remove it completely. Mages are suffering enough as is. They do NOT need a suicidal spell to cast Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:36 am

Nightroado wrote:
I'd like to add that Bladegrasp sometimes causes static immunity. Relogging couldn't even fix it, I had to wait until the server restarted.
Also, as well known, but not listed here, Revive does not work.

I would like to say that a fail chance as high as 66% of the time for summoning mobs sounds retarded. No offense cav, but things like this need changed. If you can't limit fail chance to something reasonable, you need to remove it completely. Mages are suffering enough as is. They do NOT need a suicidal spell to cast Razz

Added Priest and Ronin bugs, as well as a few others recently found.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CavGunner
Admin

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:38 am

Addressing the new-found issues:

Sahath wrote:
- Towny unclaiming entire towns with no apparent common thread.

I've yet to find the reason, and I doubt I'll be able to.
I've been looking, and I'll keep looking...but I think it has to do with Towny missing a save as the server does a restart.

Sahath wrote:
- Skill: Bladegrasp - Occasionally causing static invulnerability. Possibly tied to the Skill: Invuln bug.

Most likely has to do with it.
In which case...I'll keep trying to fix it, but I'm buggered for now.

Sahath wrote:
- Skill: Revive - Not working. Possibly tied to Teleport/Hero Party bugs since you can't target someone who has recently died and is somewhere else.

Was working when I tested it, but is highly likely linked to the Hero Party bug. I believe you need to be in a Hero Party.

Sahath wrote:
- Skill: Superheat - Does not give experience when mining.

Hmm...
Since they're the same plugin...that's weird...
But the most I can do is throw some programming and entity mumbo-jumbo at you without being able to give you a direct answer...
So just put this one as me looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Zaven

PostSubject: "Invuln"   Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:15 am

The Invuln glitch only happens when there is TONS of server lag and and skills like escape that grants short immunity glitches at that same time. These glitches are fixed by server restarts though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Sahath wrote:
- Command: /buy - Stopped working; gives message: "Oops! Something went wrong... please try again!"

Bumping as this is a serious issue that is going to bring donations to a halt until fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CavGunner
Admin

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Sahath wrote:
- Command: /buy - Stopped working; gives message: "Oops! Something went wrong... please try again!"

I was well aware of this before anyone else noticed.
Basically, the plugin is bugging up.

I sent a ticket to the creator, but he's being an ass and..."Told me to update it".
I HAD updated it...and got the bug where it wouldn't launch.
Then he said "Update it again, to the new version", so I did.
Still nothing.

He then deleted my ticket.
It'll be broken until he gets the twigs outta his ass.

Back to top Go down
Nightroado

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 am

CavGunner wrote:
Addressing the new-found issues:

Sahath wrote:
- Skill: Revive - Not working. Possibly tied to Teleport/Hero Party bugs since you can't target someone who has recently died and is somewhere else.

Was working when I tested it, but is highly likely linked to the Hero Party bug. I believe you need to be in a Hero Party.

I tried mmoparty. Not sure about a 'hero' party. I tried with both slime balls and ender pearls in my inventory since I heard rumors about each of them being the sole requirement. As for targeting, it's /skill revive <name>. They can't be sitting on the YOU ARE DEAD screen either. They -must- have clicked respawn and you -must- be in the area they died, not the area they respawned in.

I would really ask removing the item requirement and just seeing if that makes a difference. Couldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N00bzftw

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

How big is the 'area' that the died in? A chunk? Or 4?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sahath's bug list   

Back to top Go down

Sahath's bug list
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1