MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
voltxion

Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] Empty
PostSubject: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:54 pm

SO First off, Great Server have had alot of fun and even distracted me from Skyrim!

now to the subject the website. No offense but it was rather bothersome signing up for 2 different sites to comment / interact with the server community outside of the game.

So my Suggestion is Get this all under one Roof

Theres 2 Options I see being viable and kind of easy,

Option 1: Use Something like Guildworks ( provides free Forums, News Feed, HTML CSS Customization.

Option 2: Host it yourself, Install some Opensource Forums or Even Wordpress to make things "simple".

Option 3: Find a Host off server ( the less stuff running off the same Server the better if its an option some hosting packages are real cheap for basic LAMP setups )

Either Way I Could Help do all of this :

I looked around for a application format couldnt find one so Ill just leave this info

IRL Name: Mark
IG Name : Voltxion
Donator: Yep
Skills I can bring to the table: PHP/MYSQL/HTML/CSS/JS/AS3/C#/.NET( I know just a warped version of C#.. sue me)
Reason I would Like to help: Like the server lot would like to see a more organized way of finding information about the server and give back to the server since I can't really donate more than the 80 I already Have.

Ways to get in contact with me: PM me I'll give you my email/skype/Raidcall info.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Dervish

PostSubject: Re: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:58 pm

voltxion wrote:
SO First off, Great Server have had alot of fun and even distracted me from Skyrim!

now to the subject the website. No offense but it was rather bothersome signing up for 2 different sites to comment / interact with the server community outside of the game.

So my Suggestion is Get this all under one Roof

Theres 2 Options I see being viable and kind of easy,

Option 1: Use Something like Guildworks ( provides free Forums, News Feed, HTML CSS Customization.

Option 2: Host it yourself, Install some Opensource Forums or Even Wordpress to make things "simple".

Option 3: Find a Host off server ( the less stuff running off the same Server the better if its an option some hosting packages are real cheap for basic LAMP setups )

Either Way I Could Help do all of this :

I looked around for a application format couldnt find one so Ill just leave this info

IRL Name: Mark
IG Name : Voltxion
Donator: Yep
Skills I can bring to the table: PHP/MYSQL/HTML/CSS/JS/AS3/C#/.NET( I know just a warped version of C#.. sue me)
Reason I would Like to help: Like the server lot would like to see a more organized way of finding information about the server and give back to the server since I can't really donate more than the 80 I already Have.

Ways to get in contact with me: PM me I'll give you my email/skype/Raidcall info.

Heh, perfect.
Just one thing...and I really do hate it.
Legal issues.
I need you to fill out this application, and then I can accept you (I already have...I just need you to do this):

Code:
Ingame Name:
Are you a Coder for another server already?:
Are you a plugin developer?:
How many years experience do you have with Java?:
Are you experienced with HTML, or other web-based languages?:
Would you be willing to create or maintain web-based applications for the server?:
Age? (Legal reasons):
Are you a member of the Minescape Forum already?:
How long have you been playing Minescape?:
Do you use the TeamSpeak channel?:
Do we get along?:
-From the Minecraftforum page

Cheers ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://minescape.forumotion.com
voltxion

PostSubject: Re: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Ingame Name: Voltxion
Are you a Coder for another server already?: Nope
Are you a plugin developer?: Nope, script kiddie when it comes to minecraft mods
How many years experience do you have with Java?: <1
Are you experienced with HTML, or other web-based languages?: Plenty, PHP, Actionscript, Javascript, CSS, MySQL
Would you be willing to create or maintain web-based applications for the server?: Yes
Age? (Legal reasons): 25, 26 in 5 Days
Are you a member of the Minescape Forum already?: I feel like this is a trick question so I won't properly answer this one.
How long have you been playing Minescape?: Just Over a Week now.
Do you use the TeamSpeak channel?: I could but I prefer not to, I am always on Raidcall with amarux
Do we get along?: Don't see why we wouldnt!

Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Dervish

PostSubject: Re: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:04 pm

voltxion wrote:
Ingame Name: Voltxion
Are you a Coder for another server already?: Nope
Are you a plugin developer?: Nope, script kiddie when it comes to minecraft mods
How many years experience do you have with Java?: <1
Are you experienced with HTML, or other web-based languages?: Plenty, PHP, Actionscript, Javascript, CSS, MySQL
Would you be willing to create or maintain web-based applications for the server?: Yes
Age? (Legal reasons): 25, 26 in 5 Days
Are you a member of the Minescape Forum already?: I feel like this is a trick question so I won't properly answer this one.
How long have you been playing Minescape?: Just Over a Week now.
Do you use the TeamSpeak channel?: I could but I prefer not to, I am always on Raidcall with amarux
Do we get along?: Don't see why we wouldnt!

Accepted ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://minescape.forumotion.com
vengypr0

vengypr0

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: archer

PostSubject: Re: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:03 pm

I know a free webhosting site that has helped me in my school years, not that i've finished school yet, but most of my big tests are over atleast for another two years.
anyway, the site is called webs, some people like it, others hate it.

I can help set something up with it if needed, heck ill even do an example of the whole layout and see if it looks appealing.

I can't give out the link just yet, excuse my newbieness on the forums.
but google webs free hosting, it should come up.
Back to top Go down
Sillocan

PostSubject: Re: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 pm

vengypr0 wrote:
I know a free webhosting site that has helped me in my school years, not that i've finished school yet, but most of my big tests are over atleast for another two years.
anyway, the site is called webs, some people like it, others hate it.

I can help set something up with it if needed, heck ill even do an example of the whole layout and see if it looks appealing.

I can't give out the link just yet, excuse my newbieness on the forums.
but google webs free hosting, it should come up.
All I have to say is," Ads, Ads everywhere." Since we own a server computer, Cav could easily buy a domain name for 10$ for a year, and then link the server to the domain.

EDIT: I also have an extra server or two if you really do need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]   Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ] Empty

Back to top Go down

Unified Website [ Forums,Wiki,News all Under One Roof ]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MineScape RPG :: GamePlay :: Suggestions-
Jump to: