MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wargames Arena is now open!

Go down 
+3
Zessus
N00bzftw
Sahath
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sahath

Sahath

MineScape Character
Tree Choice:
Class:

Wargames Arena is now open! Empty
PostSubject: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 pm

The arena is now open and ready for challengers! Party's just need to agree on terms ahead of time and ask a Builder or Admin to reset the field after.

A few things to consider in your challenge terms:
- Allowed/disallowed build materials
- Use of TnT cannons/Lava
- Use of regrouping abilities like Resurrect, Groupteleport and Teleport to allow the dead to rejoin the fight
- Stakes for winning

Also something to consider would be outside betting. I personally will be willing to act as a book keeper for some high profile fights at no cut to myself, simply to stir up some spectators/interest.
Back to top Go down
N00bzftw

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Sounds kool, how about Me Vs everyone; everything is allowed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:37 pm

I propose a challenge. tomorrow, the Brukweyrian Empire Legions vs. Gwynedd. We can talk out how many team mates a piece we get depending on how many is on or if you want we can just go who ever is on for each nation gets to fight and not balance it. 10-15 minutes build time for our base. Tnt and griefing allowed. No rules except don't spawn camp. After the challenge has been accepted we can work out a time.

-Kaiser Zessus, Leader of Kragspire, King of the Brukreich kingdom, Twin Emperor of the Brukweyrian Empire.

Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:48 pm

challenge accepted

following conditions:

even teams (try for even tiers too, dk if that works)
no tutorialbike
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:18 pm

If Tutorial can't fight for us then Nightroado can't fight for you lol.
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:20 pm

those are my terms - as stated, otherwise we can just fight as normal =D
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Let me elaborate then:

At every turn...when we build a town, expand something, anytime anything happens over here, Tutorialbike is showing up and nosing around. He always has to be nosing into everyone's business. And half the time he shows up and kills people, takes their pineapple and recalls away. Now thats not against the rules, and I'm not raising a big stink about it, but he's very very annoying. Quite frankly, every day I see members of your own nation complaining about him here or there as well. He's even managed to get himself booted at least on one occasion.

Aside from tut, I have no genuine issues with any other members of your nation and would be happy to participate in a nice friendly organized bloodthirsty pvp war with you in the arena as such. You do have the advantage in population numbers on your side, I'm sure you can replace him in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:34 pm

He's currently in the nation and is being good, I'd think you'd want the opportunity to battle against him to blow off some steam but we're not accepting any friendly battles with you if you can't accept him as one of our players. I believe that every person has a right to participate in stuff regardless of what the other side says about them. Everyone is equal and when you start taking away rights just because you think they annoy you that is not ok with me I have different beliefs on it. Sorry but if you don't accept all our members as potential players we do not accept.
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:37 pm

very well
Back to top Go down
N00bzftw

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 am

The time Kron was mad at him was because he was being a [Insert word here].

And so Zessus ordered a kill.

PS. I'll be up to kill some people Very Happy It can strenghten mine and Dio's friendly kill relation
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm

After some discussion last night, I've rethought my position on this a little. I'm willing to offer a compromise on the following terms:

Tutorialbike must be reined in.

So:

Tutorialbike must agree not to enter Gwynedd for any purpose unless he is in an officially sanctioned raiding party consisting of at least 3 members of his nation AND one of the raiders is either a nation leader, or one of the town leaders of Helper class.

If this can be met, I will agree to future pvp challenges.
Back to top Go down
N00bzftw

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Lol, even if they agree, GL controlling him!
Back to top Go down
Krongarth

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Hah. Where in the rules does it say he can't wander around? That's again, limiting his rights. Not likely to happen.
Back to top Go down
tutorialbike

MineScape Character
Class: DPirate

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Hmm so i was just wondering Dion. Why don't you want me to fight for TBE?
Back to top Go down
Zaven

Zaven

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

dionnsai wrote:
After some discussion last night, I've rethought my position on this a little. I'm willing to offer a compromise on the following terms:

Tutorialbike must be reined in.

So:

Tutorialbike must agree not to enter Gwynedd for any purpose unless he is in an officially sanctioned raiding party consisting of at least 3 members of his nation AND one of the raiders is either a nation leader, or one of the town leaders of Helper class.

If this can be met, I will agree to future pvp challenges.
Sure I meet those terms, and I already had Tut chosen as one of my right hand men (If he decides to accept)
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm (speaking for the entire Empire) still not accepting ANY terms of which limits any rights of any of my members. Even if I did I can't specifically tell him you can't go here or here or here. It's a game and he has the free will to go anywhere he wants regardless of if we tell him no (and he still will if we tell him no). I'm a really strong believer about taking people's rights. I had to sit through a half month class in police training on how much trouble we can get into for taking someone's rights away from them just by having them sit in our cruiser and I still believe (even though it is a game) that playing the game is a free right to do. There's tons of country that limit how long you can play games or what games you can play and IS punishable by being jailed or even killed (China has a law against certain games). It's still taking away someone's rights and I, we, and the entire Empire will continue to not agree to any terms that limit's a certain player to where they can go based on what we tell them. He's a wild child I know and believe me WE CAN NOT tell him what to do lol.
Back to top Go down
dionnsai

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:32 am

Ok so for the sake of argument, this is about rights. We're on a pvp server with a few rules against griefing and cheating, but for the most part the rules are laissez faire compared to many other servers.

In the U.S. everyone should know the basic human rights conceptual definition provided in the Declaration of Independence: "...that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". In addition we've grown this with the bill of rights, tons of judicial precidents set in any number of directions and piles and piles of legislation at the state and federal level. If you're a police officer or training to be one, you know at this point that rights are a pretty complicated thing to even grasp in the 21st century. I also know that as a police officer, your job is to protect the rights not just of those criminals who might have to sit uncomfortably on the plastic seat, but even more so the rights of those who might be victimized.

One of the best lines I could ever quote though, without being able to credit a source off the top of my head: "Your rights end where mine begin..."

Obviously, Tutorialbike has as much a right as any to "play the game", but then so do we all.

We are on a semi-rpg type server where we create our own towns and nations, and to a certain extend, we create our own roleplay governance. We create our own governmental heirarchies, have our own deity(admin) and choose to govern, or not govern our own members and define our own national and international(interplayer) policies within the bodies we create.

So yes, tutorialbike has a right to play, but so do the rest of the players, including his victims. They also have the right to be upset when he kills and raids them, and their nation has the right to attempt to engage in foreign diplomacy of some sort to negotiate fair dealings, when those negotiations fail, you institute policies like "kill on sight" with certain names on the list.

As you may or may not be aware, one of the reasons I kept Caernarvon separate from the TBE body and refused Cyrus's request to take over when he left was my desire to provide the server with a badly needed "other side". The fall of Ralas and the rise of TBE left the server with one side and no one for them to fight. This was good for awhile, it left everyone with time to cool off from the prior chaos Kirvin and a few others were creating.

I believe as nation leaders we should do what we can to allow our players to have fun and play the game, and engage in pvp actions which are also fun. But I think that we have at least some responsibility, along with Help to at least see that our members try to treat each other fairly and to attempt diplomatically to protect our members from too much senseless death by constant repeated harassment. That sort of thing can cause a player to quit and move on, and especially in our protracted 1.8.1 environment accompanied by $300.00 per month rent, we don't need to lose any more players in rage quits because they lost their uber diamond widget for the 10th time because some guy jumped them while they were running from the house to the bank.

In the end, this was initially a failed attempt to censure tutorialbike for being extremely annoying, and finally a failed attempt to at least curb his behavior through some sort of treaty. Clearly there does not exist on the TBE side anyone willing to engage in any sort of negotiations regarding the matter.

As such, I am giving all members permission to kill on sight and or hunt in regards to tutorialbike, he is clearly uncontrollable and can not be trusted. You may of course choose to retaliate, you certainly have the financial and military advantage and could easily make life hell and run us off the server if you so choose.

-dionnsai

Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:52 am

That was very well worded and intimidating. I do not wish to run anyone off the server (unless they're like Kirvin and needs to be off the server for everyone's sake). I don't want constant raging over stupid stuff (like you said with losing the diamond widget lol). But we do plan on every time one of your members deliberately kill one of our members (by deliberately I mean just because they felt like it. Most of our TBE members are friends with your Caernarvon members and we're usually talking to them in teamspeak and goofing around and playing) we will react to it as an war act and will counter attack. I do enjoy the PvP and that wargames arena is sitting there going to waste after we all asked for it. Just because you want us to tell someone that we in theory can't control to stay out of your territory. Like you said its a PvP server. So let's PvP and forget about accepting "terms" to a wargame that doesn't count as a real battle. Or we can argue until eventually one of us starts a full blown war over this stupid thing because we're both stubborn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargames Arena is now open!   Wargames Arena is now open! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wargames Arena is now open!
Page 1 of 1