MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Block Suggestions

Go down 
+3
Zessus
Xetian
CavGunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Dervish

New Block Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Right.
Last night, Jerry, Enfour, and myself were running through the Elven city picking all the issues apart while I added NPC's.
Jerry pointed out that one area would look nicer if we added a block that looked like bookshelves, but with bottles of wine or similar, instead.

So, here's what I'll do.
I want you to start designing your own blocks!

32x32 in resolution, keep within the medieval theme. If I can figure out a fair way to craft the block, or if it's something that can spawn naturally, I shall add it in.

Send me a LINK to the image, NOT the actual image!
Keep them .png if you can.
Back to top Go down
https://minescape.forumotion.com
Xetian

Xetian

MineScape Character
Class: Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll edit this, but I have an idea and hope you like it when I'm done.

EDIT: Actually, there's no point in me making a texture for it, as I want to make a block using current textures in a different pattern. If I understand the terrain.png correctly, you can make more than one block read the same texture, correct?

What I want is a block where all sides are stone except the side facing the player when it is placed, which would use the glass pane (And let us see through the block).

Would that be difficult to implement with the spout client? Just make it look like plain stone for the classic client?
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Xetian wrote:
I'll edit this, but I have an idea and hope you like it when I'm done.

EDIT: Actually, there's no point in me making a texture for it, as I want to make a block using current textures in a different pattern. If I understand the terrain.png correctly, you can make more than one block read the same texture, correct?

What I want is a block where all sides are stone except the side facing the player when it is placed, which would use the glass pane (And let us see through the block).

Would that be difficult to implement with the spout client? Just make it look like plain stone for the classic client?

Currently that's not possible :/
All I need is literally a 32x32 pixel box with what you want on all 6 sides.
I can then work on adding them into the game ^.^
No texture.png files are modified, I literally ONLY need a LINK to the image ^.^
Back to top Go down
Xetian

Xetian

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm

CavGunner wrote:
snip

In that case, just rip BigFairy's textures and make it 5 sides of stone and 1 side of glass. Basically, I want a pumpkin, but instead of a face, it's glass, and instead of pumpkin parts, it's stone. That way I can make a 1 way window.

There was a mod that used to do this but I believe it died back in 1.7 and I highly doubt if it's still around that it's ready for bukkit/spout

I would grab the textures myself, but paint.net keeps going batshit insane on me and toning down the resolution when I try to form a new image
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

I just said, I can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Class: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm not good with making textures but I'll give a few ores if anyone wants to try to make them. Silver. Adamantine. Mithril. White gold. Steel (I know you don't mine steel but maybe do that if you can't make it craftable). I'll come up with more ideas later.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Currently I can't add ore blocks that drop ores, but that WILL be a feature in the future.
Back to top Go down
mightylcanis

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Reheat iron maybe to get steel?
Back to top Go down
Xetian

Xetian

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 am

Can we add blocks with any special features specifically Cav? I have an idea for a "bland" block, but haven't figured out how it would work yet. What about a block that could have an off state and an on state based on redstone, and it emitted light?

Could we make lavastone glow just a little?
Back to top Go down
supersean

MineScape Character
Class: rougue

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 am

how bout making blocks that can protect your house from griefers?
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:58 am

Unfortunately, I can't do Light Blocks right now.
They really like to glitch.
Back to top Go down
jerrycoe

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 am

HEY! as in for horses! Bedding in stables (or hobos Wink ), thatched roofs, etc.
Back to top Go down
jerrycoe

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:40 am

Also, what all can the block do? By that i mean can interacting with the block activate a skill like the items can? can i step onto the grounds of a temple and be healed as if a paladin used lay hands? I doubt it, but it'd be awesome.

Ooh! Another! Creep. like in starcraft (that black sludge stuff) for evil badguy stuff.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 am

jerrycoe wrote:
HEY! as in for horses! Bedding in stables (or hobos Wink ), thatched roofs, etc.
jerrycoe wrote:
Also, what all can the block do? By that i mean can interacting with the block activate a skill like the items can? can i step onto the grounds of a temple and be healed as if a paladin used lay hands? I doubt it, but it'd be awesome.

Ooh! Another! Creep. like in starcraft (that black sludge stuff) for evil badguy stuff.

Hay is a really good idea, I have to say :O
I'll design that one myself if no-one else does.

As for the "sludge", I don't quite know what you mean Razz

REMEMBER!; You can create your own blocks and just throw the links at me! Chances are, I'll add them!

As for effects to blocks...I cannot do that as of yet.
BUT...I can do the healing thing with WorldGuard.
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Class: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 am

Can someone make columns for my Roman architecture lol. Also if you can make a healing effect block you should make an altar block that heals you if you're near it.
Back to top Go down
jerrycoe

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 am

Zessus wrote:
Can someone make columns for my Roman architecture lol.

YEAH! like those ones in the aether mod's dungeons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jerrycoe

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:15 am

Crates! to put in the attic
Back to top Go down
N00bzftw

MineScape Character
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:39 pm

We should add two blocks, one being the body of a person, the second being the head. Then we can have guards which aren't just pumpkins on a stick
Back to top Go down
Xetian

Xetian

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Can we add a new block that looks like a set of cabinets? I'll attempt to make a decent image for it if that's plausible (Bonus points if it can work as a chest even with a block on top of it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Block Suggestions   New Block Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

New Block Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MineScape RPG :: Administration :: Upcoming Features/Ideas-
Jump to: