MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
New forum:
http://www.minescaperpg.com/Forum
Please use that forum for all posting from now on, this one will no longer be accessible.
MineScape RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RPG server that will change the way you play Minecraft.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure

Go down 
+4
mightylcanis
Gamegeared
characterclover
Krongarth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Krongarth

Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure Empty
PostSubject: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:20 pm

I had built a wonderful water temple yesterday, because I like water. It was completely on unclaimed land, and really really nice looking. Heres the gallery: https://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k542/Krongarth/
Here it is completed:

Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-14_175206
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-14_175208
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-14_175210
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-14_175219
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-14_175221
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-14_175235
Now Griefed and all evidence:

Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115029
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115340
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115348
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115354
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115404
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115423
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115425
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115438
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115620
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115642
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115707
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115714
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115841
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_115903
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_120020
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_120029
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_120144
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_120147
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_120156
Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure 2011-12-15_120244

This action can not be acceptable.

Back to top Go down
characterclover

characterclover

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Rogue
Class: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 pm

I have a vague feeling that cav will agree with me.

1. I see 2 photos of noobs "destroying", and thats really vague -- it doesnt show him in the process of destroying it.
2. isnt he part of your nation/town thing? TBE? Doesnt that make him legally able to do that?
Back to top Go down
Gamegeared

MineScape Character
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I am putting in my support of n00bz on this. all i see here is kron griefing right outside of a structure that belongs to noobz in order to provoke him and get him banned. as it stands he has tried to get noobz kicked from the nation, since that failed this is an escalation of the situation and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Krongarth

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Noobz admits to removing water in at least two shots. Then continues to use language indicating that he did it. I have another whole set of him dropping sand into the structure now.
Back to top Go down
characterclover

characterclover

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Either way you're both in the wrong.

Two wrongs DO NOT make a right.
Back to top Go down
Krongarth

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:57 pm

I'd like to know what's wrong with building a work of art?
Back to top Go down
characterclover

characterclover

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

1. the fact that noobs first posted a banning topic against you, after so called griefing, and he then goes and does the same.

thus
two wrongs do not make a right.

Back to top Go down
mightylcanis

MineScape Character
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 pm

characterclover wrote:
I have a vague feeling that cav will agree with me.

2. isnt he part of your nation/town thing? TBE? Doesnt that make him legally able to do that?

Actually, our Empire Laws specifically say, no griefing other Empire members.
Back to top Go down
johndoe138

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 pm

The basic question here is this:

Can I go out to someone's pre-existing town, build X structure on nearby unclaimed land, and then demand that the town both
1) Not claim that unclaimed land on which I've build, and
2) Not destroy that structure?

I think the answer is going to be obvious to anyone looking at the matter impartially; this is not the intention of the anti-griefing rules.

If it were, let's take this to the logical conclusion: I'm mad at whatever town, so I build a wall completely encircling them. Now, they cannot expand their town since that would involve claiming "my" wall. Nor can they tear it down, since that would be "griefing".

Rules permitting this simply would not make sense. It's not in anyone's interest to have a server where people are building structures of whatever kind solely for the purpose of ruining others' towns - and no one can tear them down. Anti-griefing rules are about protecting people from wanton, malicious destruction of their builds.. not about promoting and protecting malicious building.

As I've understood it in the past, the anti-griefing rules are primarily meant to protect pre-existing homes in the wilderness, along with town-related constructions outside of town limits. If you're not a town member, and you actually live in a house somewhere, other players shouldn't be able to come along and tear it down. If you build something outside of the technical limits of your town's plots, an outsider shouldn't be able to tear it down.

But it doesn't fit the concept of griefing if you are building unwelcome structures around other people's pre-existing towns and they tear it down. What you are doing in such a case is actually much closer to the concept of griefing.

So in fairness, while you may be permitted to build unwelcome structures outside of foreign towns, it would not be sensible to expect that those structures will be protected by griefing rules. If you want protected land near someone else's town.. well, that's what town outposts are for. Outposts are fairly expensive, and limited to town mayors/assistants, for a reason. You can't expect to get all the benefits of an outpost with no cost just by building in the wilderness.

Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character
Tree Choice: Warrior
Class: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm

It looks like that's beside n00bz's town lol.
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow it is. It's in the HOLE that YOU dug beside noobz town. Which is by the way against the rules.
Back to top Go down
Krongarth

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:07 pm

characterclover wrote:

two wrongs do not make a right.

I agree, assaulting me and harrassing me with foul language, then griefing me does not make his grievances right.
Back to top Go down
Krongarth

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:08 pm

As it stands, he's claimed the land and done whatever with it now, so I doubt at this point anything is actually going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Zessus

Zessus

MineScape Character

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Doesn't matter if he's all ready claimed it and built over it. I told you the first TWO times to stay away from him. You've all ready griefed him two times by digging HUGE trenches around his base. (that by the way Enfourvie and a few other Empire members helped him fill in that took a long time) then you went and did it a second time!? but what blows my mind is that after we had it settled and I said STAY AWAY you went back!?!! Building a structure RIGHT BESIDE someones town that you dug a hole around. It's bound to be destroyed. And I'd probably even consider it griefing because of all the water that was in it. You pretty much told on yourself with this.
Back to top Go down
N00bzftw

MineScape Character
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

I was expanding as I left that was the only way to stop you from digging that hole there and also tbh I already planned to expand there and I also have afew screenies of your bad points (and mine) instead of a biased one sided collection of photos. If you want also I can try and scan my plans into my computer and show you my pre-made plans which you try to mess with.

I also have a photo of you lieing (not against the rules but does show you trying to get at me and drive me to killing you and griefing you properly) and I shall gladly show everyone that. This photo is about you wanting to make a town where your 'Watery mess' is. Which A) Is too close to TWO home blocks to do that (which I am sure you knew)
B) It shall get in the way of my expanion and you'll also know that. And from here I can reference when Ipswich stoped Vali from expansion but Cav told Drz to stop as it isn't really fair so I doubt he will let you build a town around my town.

Edit: No photos shown as Kron dosn't need more evidence to prove that it was his fault (Cause & Effect)

I do not really want him banned, I just want him to stop.
Back to top Go down
Krongarth

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I'm just tired of dealing with N00bz in general, so as long as he doesn't say a word to me again, or try to give me an order, i'm not even going to go within 100 blocks of his town.
Back to top Go down
CavGunner
Admin
CavGunner

MineScape Character
Class: Dervish

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:44 pm

I've read all the posts...and I'm going to implement a new method for this section of the forum.
Nothing different than form what went on here, since this was a good discussion.

Basically, a simple format to fill out on the banning, and I'll allow people to vote on whether or not it makes sense, then I shall make the final decision.

For this one, I'm not banning anyone.
It wasn't a home, therefore the griefing does not apply.
It was outside someone's city (RIGHT outside), so territory laws are in place among the nations, and democracy takes control.
You were trolling each other in the chat, and that automatically removes most of the legitimacy in my eyes.

Result: Locked/No bans.
Back to top Go down
https://minescape.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure   Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure Empty

Back to top Go down

Noobzftw- Massive griefing on my structure
Page 1 of 1